Do I need a permit to work in the right of way?

Yes, you will need a permit to do any and all work in the right of way. To find out right of way information for your street, contact the office at 810-742-9230.

How do I get my street paved?

You will need to circulate a paving petition pursuant to the requirements of Chapter 150, which will require at least 51% of the affected property owner’s signatures.

How do I know where my property lines are?

The City of Burton does not have the ability to locate property lines. You will have to contact a licensed surveyor to determine your property lines.

How do I get the speed limit changed on my street?

The only way a speed limit can be changed is through a traffic study and traffic warrants must be met to change speed limits.